news

This Teacher's Simple Assignment Got Students To Get Real About Themselves In A Powerful Way


I used to work in a school with high schoolers and before my first day of school, I tried to think back to when I was younger and remember who my favorite teachers and administrators were, and the traits they shared in common. When I think back, they were always people who listened and asked thought-provoking questions. The thought-provoking question part seemed a bit daunting because that required me to be interesting myself, something I wasn't so sure I could do.
So I opted to just ask them how they were doing and treat them with the same amount of respect I'd treat anybody else. And they opened up to me about their home lives. Some of their stories were absolutely tragic and I was able to help a few kids get the help they really needed.
So when this teacher asked her students to tell them something about themselves that they wished she knew, it's not surprising that she got such candid responses.
This Teacher's Simple Assignment Got Students To Get Real About Themselves In A Powerful Way This Teacher's Simple Assignment Got Students To Get Real About Themselves In A Powerful Way Reviewed by Rapid World on 4:20 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.